Sunday 10 July 2011

Glastonbury 2011 -The builid up

OK Glastonbury is often called the best festival in the world and who am i to argue! I absolutely love it and this is in many ways "my" holiday for the year. Its when I get to go away forget work, a bit of "me" time (how American!) and leave the family to enjoy what is now virtually a week of beer and bands -whats not to like!

The build up actually begins days ahead with all the packing and checking etc but it officially starts on the Tuesday night when I drive down to my brothers to have one beer for bed and prepare for the 6 o'clock start. Next morning we venture on the road in the trusty (?!?) VW beetle listening to old tunes and praying for the moment we are there with the tent up and the first of many beers in hand.

The popularity of Glastonbury is amazing these days. Without wishing to sound too old I genuinely do remember when you could buy a ticket a couple of days before, turn up on the Thursday and still have loads of places to camp. Now even though we arrived on Wed morning we still struggled to find a place for two tents. Although to be fair we do always camp at one of the prime sites with a view to the Pyramid stage.

I wont go in to all the details of the next couple days or I'll be too tired to talk about the bands. Lets just say there was plenty of beer, wine, vodka and dodgy dancing in tents (special mention to the silent disco -which is a riot and if you haven't tried it you should!)

No comments:

Post a Comment