Sunday 2 January 2011

Cool Places in Leamington - #1 Head Music Shop

Now like most people I have fallen in to the trap of buying stuff off Amazon on a frequent basis and indeed on occasions downloading stuff off the internet (god forgive me!) but its always with a sense of guilt that I am not supporting my local record shop.
Ever since i first moved to Leamington I have been amazed what a good record store we have in Head (and its former name FOPP). Given the fact that record stores are rapidly becoming a thing of the past we really should do all we can to save this fantastic store.
There aren't many stores which stock such an eclectic mix and somehow manage to survive in a high profile (high rent ???) space - most which have survived are tucked away in dodgy back streets and occupied by the most dedicated (geeky!?!) music fan.
But we have one in a prime location which has virtually every CD you want -from the latest releases to a fantastic array of classics at ridiculous prices.
Now whilst a fan of vinyl even I couldn't resist the opportunity to replicate the entire Doors back catalogue on CD for c£30!! (hey I needed them on CD to put on my I pod!)

So if you need a CD join  one of my resolution of 2011 and buy it from this shop - it may cost a couple more quid but don't let this be a case of us only knowing what we have got when its gone :(

No comments:

Post a Comment