Sunday 30 January 2011

Record clubs

Recently came across this really interesting article about record clubs springing up in parts of the country
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12209143

Basic concept is that every week people get together to listen to a classic album all the way through.
Must admit that I'm not really a vinyl junkie (although some things go just sound better on vinyl i.e. The Doors) and have fully bought in to the "i pod " generation. Indeed the Ipod is probably my favourite invention ever.

However like others I have become a bit of a victim of  shuffling between songs or artists and it can be easy to just skip some of the less interesting songs on albums.

This idea of a record club therefore really appeals for number of reasons
1) Can listen to a classic album all the way through
2) Opportunity to hear unheard albums
3) Mix with people who share my passion for music
4) Hey maybe have a few beers as well

Given the above I now intend to try and find a suitable venue and see if anyone else is interested
If you are reading this and would like to attend just drop me an email and I'll keep you informed as and when the first one happens
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment